Marinko Rade, M.Sc. Orth Med, PhD (Clinical medicine)
Born in Ljubljana (Slovenia) in 1982, lived in Rovinj (Croatia) until the completion of High School. Studied in Padova (Italy) and London (UK), Marinko Rade, M.Sc. in Orthopaedic Medicine, and PhD in Clinical Medicine (Physiatry) is currently the Director of “Prim. dr.Martin Horvat” Orthopaedic Hospital situated in Rovinj, Croatia and Post-doctoral researcher at Kuopio University Hospital and University of Eastern Finland (Finland).
His special interest in the research field lies in the quantification and understanding of innate neural protective mechanisms with the final aim of constructing new effective diagnostic algorithms and effective rehabilitation and farmacological therapies. He is leading lines of research both in electrophysiology and neuroradiology, is a voting member of the International Academy for Muscular/Musculoskeletal Medicine, scientific branch of the International Federation for Manual Musculoskeletal Medicine, and has been awarded by the “2013 Young Scientist Award” by the Finnish Spine Society.
He has recently also been awarded with the “Young Spine Investigator Award 2013″ conferred by the top-ranked scientific journal Spine (Phila Pa 1976) – Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
The title of his Doctoral thesis is: “Between Neuroradiology and Neurophysiology: New Insights in Neural Mechanisms”
Dr.Rade’s Doctoral thesis can be visualized and downloaded at :
GRANTS AND AWARDS
1. October 2011: Winner of Finland’s Ministry of Social Affairs and Health EVO grant.
2. November 2011: Winner of the Bonus EVO grant 2011 of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine in Kuopio University Hospital.
3. October 2012: Winner of the Bonus EVO grant 2012 of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine in Kuopio University Hospital
4. November 2012: winner of the Finnish National VTR Grant for the Medical Research, for the following projects:
- Investigation on Neural Protective Selectivity and Verification of Neural Convergence Theory – Area of investigation: Clinical Neurophysiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Based Investigation on Neural Biomechanics in the Vertebral Canal; Aims and Possible Future Developments – Area of investigation: Clinical Radiology and Spinal research.
5. October 2013: “2013 Young Scientist Award” awarded by the Finnish Spine Society.
6. November 2013: winner of the PhD Grant from the University of Eastern Finland and Graduate School of Clinical Research in Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland.
7. “Spine Young Investigator Award 2014″, awarded by the world leading scientific journal on orthopaedics and spinal pathologies Spine (Phila Pa 1976).
- Croatian: Mother language; fluent speaking and writing
- Italian: Mother language; fluent speaking and writing
- English: Fluent speaking and writing
- French: Good understanding, poor speaking and writing
- German: Fair understanding, poor speaking and writing